Tomboy (2011) -trailer- is now available on netflix. If you hadn’t heard of Tomboy, it was an independent French film and fairly popular for a while. It won numerous awards.
I haven’t seen it all the way through yet but it seems pretty good. Its one of those very close/human sort of movies and more like kids being followed around with a really good camera. The acting seems natural and the characters are believable.
The description for the film is “A 10-year-old girl, settling into her new neighborhood outside Paris, is mistaken for a boy and has to live up to this new identity since it’s too late for the mistake to be clarified.” But I’m not sure that’s true as the child introduces themselves to the first kid they meet with a male name.
(also this film shows female genitalia of a child which I was confused by mainly because I don’t believe that’s legal? Though it was quick and meant to be poignant.)
11 Notes/ Hide
- lonlyguy likes this
- shameless-badwolf likes this
- peacelovenaomily likes this
- spacelullaby likes this
- 195to130by2013 likes this
- the-obscured likes this
- justarobotboy likes this
- capt-twerk reblogged this from gaymoviesthatdontsuck
- istandonsnowpiles reblogged this from gaymoviesthatdontsuck
- capt-twerk likes this
- believethehypee likes this
- intime-oflilacs likes this
- gaymoviesthatdontsuck posted this